Marketing drives me crazy, ugh.
Marketing seems to be the one thing a freelancer finds to be challenging.
Now it is time to find a way to be friends or at least polite neighbors. I have a few easy steps to marketing with Twitter.
I have decided to start with Twitter as one of the many ways I am going to market my freelance writing along with my WordPress design.
So here are my ideas to utilize Twitter now.
To start I am going to redo my bio with all my information. It is best if your bio tells potential clients immediately what you do.
- I am going to make sure that my bio includes my name, ( duh ), my site link that is clickable and services clearly stated right up front.
To pin my services with a tweet . Now Twitter has the ability to pin a tweet, and you can use that to advertise any specials or openings at the top of your twitter stream. Yay, I love it.
- I have decided I am going to do some A/B testing. I will try out one pinned tweet and leave it up for a month. I will assess my results and then if there are no responses then try another pinned tweet.
To search daily twice and send in at least three pitches or make contact and offer my services.
- I feel that three pitches a day are enough to form some consistency and sets me up for success.
I believe that developing a consistent schedule to check in on a daily basis allows you to gain momentum and eventually it is a numbers game you will get a client.
- I am going to take out my planner and make sure that I have the check in is scheduled on my daily calendar.
- I am going to make sure that I do check in and make my three pitches first and then everything else can come after that is done.
- I also will put a reminder on my new tab plugin Momentum for my chrome browser.
Pick three job boards to follow on twitter and follow up with the jobs that they post. Keeping the job boards down to three allows you to not get overwhelmed and still allows you to be able to continue making progress.
The three that I picked were:
Pick other writers and retweet their info and reach out and engage in a genuine manner. It allows you to build relationships and perhaps make friends.
- I am looking to make at least two genuine connections by researching other writers and putting myself out there by tweeting them, retweeting their info and then perhaps reaching out with a DM.
Let me know if you have any other ideas to make the best use of twitter in the comments below.